Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Day 4 - Still snowing

So, today Katie has her second lesson and I'm skiing all day with Charlie. The day starts out with the (by now) standard check of the temp and the snow on the balcony
From 2009-Presidents-Week-Ski-Trip


After dropping Katie off for he lesson, Charlie and I head up the mountain. Fresh from his lesson the day before, he wants to show me all the "cool" spots. He's fixated on Grouse Alley, a black run off the top of Mt Pluto. We skied it. How'd Charlie do? Judge for yourself with this video
From 2009-Presidents-Week-Ski-Trip

From 2009-Presidents-Week-Ski-Trip


Yup, it was a snowy, cloudy day again today.

We were on such a roll today, that we never made it back for lunch. We just kept going.... thanks to M&M's in our jacket pockets. We made our way over to the new runs on Lookout Mountain
From 2009-Presidents-Week-Ski-Trip


We did work in another run at Grouse Alley... similar result
From 2009-Presidents-Week-Ski-Trip



Later that day, we met up with our friends Harri, Lisa, Sana and Sami for some runs
From 2009-Presidents-Week-Ski-Trip

From 2009-Presidents-Week-Ski-Trip

I picked up Katie after her lesson. She had a great time and made a friend, Victoria, who lives in San Francisco. They may be in a lesson again together on Thursday. The best news is that Katie is now a "4-plus" level skiier. That's awesome. She skiied some blue intermediate runs today and had a blast...including Magic Moguls. I'm looking forward to skiing with her tomorrow. The one little cloud on the day is that when Katie saw Sana snowboarding, she said... "Hey...seeing Sana snowboarding makes me want to try snowboarding." Oh no! Could I be loosing her to the dark side so soon? I thought I had more time. I guess there's always Elodie.

No comments:

Post a Comment