Saturday, February 21, 2009

Day 8 - Departure Day

So, today is the day we head off the mountain. I'm up early to start packing. I want to hit the road by 9am so there's time to stop for lunch before meeting Jen and her family at 1pm at the Jelly Bean factory.

Just because I've done it every day we've been here, I took one more picture of the balcony.
From 2009-Presidents-Week-Ski-Trip

It's obvious that it is time to go...just look at the snow melt.

On the way out of Northstar (around 9:15am) we passed a looooooooong line of cars coming in. The Dew Challenge and fair weather must be drawing a TON of people to the resort. Another reason it was time to leave.

We stopped for lunch in Davis at Arroyo Park.
From 2009-Presidents-Week-Ski-Trip

The park had a cool climbing wall and UFO sculpture.
From 2009-Presidents-Week-Ski-Trip

From 2009-Presidents-Week-Ski-Trip


Then we met my Dad and my sister and her kids for a tour of the Jelly Belly Factory in Fairfield.
From 2009-Presidents-Week-Ski-Trip


That was a fun stop.

Finally we got home. And it was good to be there.

No comments:

Post a Comment